Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day-one year!!!

09-03-08

To our sweet beautiful daughter,

A year ago today we first laid eyes on you in person. I’ll never be able to fully describe the overwhelming emotions that led us to this day a year ago. Call it a destiny, a journey God put before us, the best decision we ever made and the happiest moments in our lives.

My first words upon seeing your beautiful face was ‘There she is!! Look she’s walking!’ (I knew you’d be walking but it was the first time I saw you real) I was so proud to recognize your sweet face, it’s hard to describe seeing someone only in a limited amount of photos for a year and then to see that person before you. I worried I wouldn’t recognize you but I had no need to worry, I knew you instantly.

You came to us with little burned feet from hot concrete, shoes that were pinching your feet and a bald head. lol You were still the most beautiful girl in the world. :)

This year we’ve watched you grow from a tiny little two year old that wore a size 12-18 month size to a big three year old girl, potty trained and wearing 2T clothes now! :) Your hair is long enough for tiny pony tails now, even with the haircut you gave yourself. :) You’re a little fashion queen that loves clothes and shoes and wants to have at least four outfits on a day.

I can never truly put in words how much you mean to this family and how much you’ve changed our lives to the better. You are so dearly loved my baby girl!

And so this day we celebrate the anniversary of our first day with you. We love you more than we could ever express! Thank you God, the US Government, Heritage Adoption, China, and your birth parents, without any of them, the pieces would not have come in to place and instead of celebrating today, we would be mourning. Thank you God for the beautiful blessing of our daughter.

Love Mama, Daddy, Drew and Jaycen



Click to play Happy Gotcha Day-1 year
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: